Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
scholar (plural scholars)
- A student; one who studies at school or college.
- A specialist in a particular branch of knowledge.
- A learned person; a bookman.
- One who educates themself for their whole life.
specialist in a particular branch of knowledge
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- scholar in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- scholar in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911