Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having obtained worldly experience, and lacking naiveté; cosmopolitan.
- Elegant, refined.
- Complicated, especially of complex technology.
- Appealing to the tastes of an intellectual; cerebral.
- (obsolete, UK) Dishonest or misleading.
- (having obtained worldly experience): provincial
- (having obtained worldly experience): worldly
having obtained worldly experience, and lacking naiveté; cosmopolitan
complicated, especially of complex technology
appealing to the tastes of an intellectual; cerebral
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Simple past tense and past participle of sophisticate.
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: Tenth Edition 1997