Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- sphærical (archaic)
- (geometry) Shaped like a sphere.
2013 September-October, Henry Petroski, “The Evolution of Eyeglasses”, American Scientist:
- The ability of a segment of a glass sphere to magnify whatever is placed before it was known around the year 1000, when the spherical segment was called a reading stone, essentially what today we might term a frameless magnifying glass or plain glass paperweight.
- (geometry) (no comparative or superlative) Of, or pertaining to, spheres.
- (mathematics) Of a coordinate system, specifying the location of a point in a plane by using a radius and two angles.
- (astrology) Of or relating to the heavenly orbs, or to the sphere or spheres in which, according to ancient astronomy and astrology, they were set.
shaped like a sphere
of or relating to a sphere or spheres