Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -æt
splat (plural splats)
- The sharp, atonal sound of a liquid or soft solid hitting a solid surface.
- I didn't see the egg fall, but I heard the splat when it hit the floor.
- The irregular shape of a viscous liquid or soft solid which has hit a solid surface.
- The canvas was covered by seemingly careless splats of paint.
- The cmd key on an Apple Macintosh.
- Various characters appearing in computer character sets, particularly # and *.
- The narrow wooden centre piece of a chair back.
- To hit a flat surface and deform into an irregular shape.
- The egg splatted onto the floor.