Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Asterix
Alternative forms 
Audio (US) (file)
asterisk (plural asterisks)
- Symbol (*).
- (sports, US) A blemish in an otherwise outstanding achievement.
- They came into the tournament highly ranked, but with a little bit of an asterisk as their last two wins had been unconvincing.
- (biology) Alternate of Asteriscus.
See also 
symbol used to highlight words or sentences
- To mark with an asterisk symbol (*)
Related terms 
- asterisk in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- asterisk in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
Inflection of asterisk