Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
sprout (plural sprouts)
- A new growth on a plant, whether from seed or other parts.
- A child.
- A Brussels sprout.
- An edible germinated seed.
new growth on a plant
Brussels sprout — see Brussels sprout
edible germinated seed
- (horticulture) To grow from seed; to germinate.
- To cause to grow from a seed.
- I sprouted beans and radishes and put them in my salad.
- To deprive of sprouts.
- to sprout potatoes
- To emerge from the ground as sprouts
to grow, to germinate
to cause to grow from a seed
to emerge from the soil as sprouts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked