Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- stabiliser (British)
stabilizer (plural stabilizers)
- Agent noun of stabilize; any person or thing which brings stability.
- Any substance added to something in order to stabilize it.
- A gyroscopically controlled fin or similar device that prevents the excess rolling of a ship in rough seas.
- An airfoil that stabilizes the flight of an aircraft or missile.
- (textiles) A piece of backing fabric used in embroidery.
- (in the plural, UK) training wheels on a child's bicycle.
substance added to something in order to stabilize it