Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of flying.
- Birds are capable of flight
- An instance of flying.
- The migrating birds' flight took them to Africa.
- A collective term for doves or swallows.
- A journey made by an aircraft, eg a balloon, plane or space shuttle, particularly one between two airports, which needs to be reserved in advance.
- The flight to Paris leaves at 7 o'clock tonight
- Where is the departure gate for flight 747? / Go straight down and to the right.
- The act of fleeing. (Flight is the noun which corresponds to the verb flee.)
- take flight
- the flight of a refugee
- A set of stairs or an escalator. A series of stairs between landings.
- A floor which is reached by stairs or escalators.
- How many flights is it up?
- A feather on an arrow or dart used to help it follow an even path.
- A paper plane.
- (cricket) The movement of a spinning ball through the air - concerns its speed, trajectory and drift.
- The ballistic trajectory of an arrow or other projectile.
- An aerodynamic surface designed to guide such a projectile's trajectory.
- An air force unit.
- Several sample glasses of a specific wine varietal or other beverage. The pours are smaller than a full glass and the flight will generally include three to five different samples.
- (engineering) The shaped material forming the thread of a screw.
act of flying
instance of flying
group of doves or swallows
journey made by an aircraft
act of fleeing
set of stairs
floor of building
feather on an arrow
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (cricket, of a spin bowler) To throw the ball in such a way that it has more airtime and more spin than usual.
flight (plural flights)
- flight (act of flying)