Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌnɪŋ
- Having an effect that stuns.
- The stunning jolt from the taser gun made the criminal stop fleeing.
- Exceptionally beautiful or attractive.
- That woman is stunning!
- Amazing (very good).
- The film was stunning.
2012 April 15, Phil McNulty, “Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea”, BBC:
- So it was against the run of play that their London rivals took the lead two minutes before the interval through Drogba. He rolled William Gallas inside the area before flashing a stunning finish high past keeper Carlo Cudicini.
having an affect that stuns
- Present participle of stun.