Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- suspition (obsolete)
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪʃən
suspicion (plural suspicions)
- The act of suspecting something or someone, especially of something wrong.
- The condition of being suspected.
- Uncertainty, doubt.
- A trace, or slight indication.
- a suspicion of a smile
- A. W. Ward
- The features are mild but expressive, with just a suspicion […] of saturnine or sarcastic humor.
- The imagining of something without evidence.
act of suspecting something or someone, especially of something wrong
condition of being suspected
imagining without evidence
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “suspicion” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).