Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛtə(r)
sweater (plural sweaters)
- A knitted jacket or jersey, usually of thick wool, worn by athletes before or after exercise.
- A similar garment worn for warmth.
- Agent noun of sweat; a person who sweats.
- (for sense 1): sweatshirt
- (for sense 2): jumper, pullover, jersey, cardigan, wooly
- (for sense 3): perspirer
knitted jacket worn by athletes before or after exercise
similar garment worn for warmth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked