Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tagline (plural taglines)
- The punch line of a joke.
- (computing) A pithy quote habitually appended to a signature, used as an advertising slogan, etc.
- A line attached to a draft of cargo or a container to provide control and minimize pendulation of cargo during lifting operations.
- A light rope attached to an object being hoisted by a crane, used to guide it while lifting or lowering.
- ^ Joint Publication 1-02 U.S. Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms; 12 April 2001 (As Amended Through 14 April 2006).