Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of transporting, or the state of being transported; conveyance, often of people, goods etc.
- We have to get people out of their cars and encourage them to use alternative forms of transportation.
- (historical) Deportation to a penal colony.
- Mulligan's sentence was commuted from death to transportation.
- (US) A means of conveyance.
- Nice transportation, dude, but your brake lights are busted.
act of transporting
deportation to a penal colony
means of conveyance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.