Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- wooly (chiefly used in the US, but less common than woolly even there)
- Rhymes: -ʊli
Etymology 1 
- Made of wool.
- Put on a woolly jumper and turn down the thermostat.
- Having a thick, soft texture, as if made of wool.
- woolly hair
- (figuratively) Of thinking, principles, etc, based on emotion rather than logic.
- That's the sort of woolly thinking that causes wars to start.
Related terms 
made of wool
woolly (plural woollies)
Etymology 2 
woolly (plural woolies)