Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Informal form of .
- 1988, T. J. MacGregor, Death Sweet, →ISBN, page 156:
- She woulda had a 'bortion, if she hadn't lost it. She was talkin' 'bout a 'bortion.
- 2003, Linda M. Wall, You and Me, Mom: Because Two Are Better Than One, →ISBN:
- "What's a 'bortion, Mama?" she asked again. Mama let out a long breath. "Well . . . it's a way to keep a baby from being born."
- 2008, Cheryl R. Jorgensen-Earp, In the Wake of Violence: Image & Social Reform, page 228:
- "The 'bortion bosses killed you, Paul, They poisoned you," says I.