Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ol"
Possibly from Proto-Norse ᚨᛚᚢ (alu), but in any case from Proto-Germanic *alu, from Proto-Indo-European *h₂elut-.
ǫl n (genitive ǫls, dative ǫlvi, plural ǫl)
Declension of ǫl (strong wa-stem)
- Icelandic: öl
- Faroese: øl
- Norwegian Nynorsk: øl, ol
- Swedish: öl
- Danish: øl
- öl in A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic, G. T. Zoëga, Clarendon Press, 1910, at Internet Archive.
- Old Norse terms inherited from Proto-Norse
- Old Norse terms derived from Proto-Norse
- Old Norse terms inherited from Proto-Germanic
- Old Norse terms derived from Proto-Germanic
- Old Norse terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- Old Norse lemmas
- Old Norse nouns
- Old Norse neuter nouns
- Old Norse neuter wa-stem nouns