- Jew, Jewess (a female who follows the religion of Judaism)
- Hebrew (a female who is from the Semitic tribe that lived in ancient Palestine)
The terms used in Greek for the Jewish people vary in their shades of meaning:
- Εβραία f (Evraía) refers to the Hebrews and their religious background and the associated religious culture. It is the dominant word in use today for the Jews in general.
- Ιουδαία f (Ioudaía) is an older term and covers ethnic, religious, historical and cultural meanings.
- Ισραηλίτισσα f (Israilítissa) covers only the religious aspect.
- Ισραηλινή f (Israiliní) is a term for anyone who lives or is from the modern state of Israel.