Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than μετά or παρά), that is, by association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc.: Possibly from Proto-Indo-European *sem- (“one, together”).
- (5th BC Attic): IPA: /syn/
- (1st BC Egyptian): IPA: /syn/
- (4th AD Koine): IPA: /syn/
- (10th AD Byzantine): IPA: /syn/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan): IPA: /sin/
σύν • (sun) (invokes dative)
- In compounds it has similar applications, including completeness.
- συνάγω (sunagō)