Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: शिंकणे
|Marathi verb set|
Inherited from Old Marathi 𑘭𑘱𑘎𑘜𑘹 (sikaṇe), 𑘭𑘱𑘏𑘜𑘹 (sikhaṇe), from Maharastri Prakrit 𑀲𑀺𑀓𑁆𑀔𑀇 (sikkhaï), from Sanskrit शिक्षते (śikṣate) / शिक्षति (śikṣati, “to learn”), from Proto-Indo-Iranian *ćikš- (“to learn”). Cognate with Konkani शिक्चे (śikce), Gujarati શીખવું (śīkhvũ), Hindi सीखना (sīkhnā), Nepali सिक्नु (siknu), Bengali শেখা (śekha), Assamese শিকা (xika).
शिकणे • (śikṇe) (transitive)
- to learn
- Berntsen, Maxine, “शिकणे”, in A Basic Marathi-English Dictionary, New Delhi: American Institute of Indian Studies, 1982-1983.
- Molesworth, James Thomas (1857), “शिकणें”, in A dictionary, Marathi and English, Bombay: Printed for government at the Bombay Education Society's Press
- Date, Yasavanta Ramakrshna (1932-1950), “शिकणें”, in Maharashtra Sabdakosa (in Marathi), Pune: Maharashtra Kosamandala.
- Turner, Ralph Lilley (1969–1985), “śíkṣatē”, in A Comparative Dictionary of the Indo-Aryan Languages, London: Oxford University Press
- Marathi terms inherited from Old Marathi
- Marathi terms derived from Old Marathi
- Marathi terms inherited from Maharastri Prakrit
- Marathi terms derived from Maharastri Prakrit
- Marathi terms inherited from Sanskrit
- Marathi terms derived from Sanskrit
- Marathi terms inherited from Proto-Indo-Iranian
- Marathi terms derived from Proto-Indo-Iranian
- Marathi terms with IPA pronunciation
- Marathi lemmas
- Marathi verbs
- Marathi transitive verbs