- Minutes (as a fraction of a degree of arc)
- Minutes (as a unit of time)
- (calculus) Derivative of
- f′(x)= df(x)/dx
- (set theory) Complement of a set
- (in transliterated Cyrillic text) Transliteration of the soft sign (ь), indicating palatalization of preceding consonants – more correctly the modifier letter ⟨ʹ⟩.
- (linear algebra, of a matrix) Transpose
- A′ = AT
- (geometry) Used to distinguish two or more points, lines, etc. with the same name
- t, t′, t″, t‴, t⁗, …
- A, A′, A″, A‴, A⁗, …
- (phonetics) palatalization symbol in Slavic Phonetic Alphabet – more correctly the modifier letter ⟨ʹ⟩
In English, this symbol is known as prime.
- (lexicography) marks stress.
Comes at the end of the stressed syllable, e.g. \sə‧rēn′\ for serene. May be bolded for primary stress, and used on unstressed syllables to indicate that a vowel is not reduced, e.g. \băt′‧ᵊl‧shĭp′\ for battleship.