Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌlɛksɪˈkɒɡɹəfi/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌlɛksɪˈkɑɡɹəfi/, /-sə-/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: lex‧i‧co‧gra‧phy
- The art or craft of compiling, writing, and editing dictionaries.
- (linguistics) The scholarly discipline of analysing and describing the semantic, syntagmatic and paradigmatic relationships within the lexicon (vocabulary) of a language and developing theories of dictionary components and structures linking the data in dictionaries.
art or craft of compiling, writing, and editing dictionaries
scholarly discipline of analyzing and describing lexical relationships and developing dictionary structures