Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: semàntic
semantic (not comparable)
- Of or relating to semantics or the meanings of words. [from late 19th c.]
- (software design, of code) Reflecting intended structure and meaning.
- (slang, of a detail or distinction) Petty or trivial; (of a person or statement) quibbling, niggling.
Terms derived from semantic
of or relating to semantics or the meanings of words
- Semantic Web on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- “semantic” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, →ISBN.
- “semantic” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- "semantic" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
- "Semantic code: What? Why? How?" in boagworld.
- semantic at OneLook Dictionary Search