Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /fəˈnɛtɪk/
- (US) IPA(key): /fəˈnɛtɪk/, [fəˈnɛɾɪk]
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: pho‧net‧ic
phonetic (not comparable)
- Relating to the sounds of spoken language.
- (linguistics) Relating to phones (as opposed to phonemes)
relating to sounds of spoken language
linguistics: relating to phones
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
phonetic (plural phonetics)