Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (International) (file)
lexicographer (plural lexicographers)
- One who writes or compiles a dictionary
- 1811, George Gordon Byron, Hints from Horace:
- Pitt has furnish'd us a word or two / Which lexicographers declined to do.
- 1860, Thomas Babington Macaulay, Biographies contributed to the Encyclopædia Britannica:
- The best lexicographer may well be content if his productions are received by the world with cold esteem.
one who writes or compiles a dictionary