Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
こちらこそ (romaji kochira koso)
- (used as a response) I'm the one that should really be saying that.
- literally: this way, for sure; as in the thanks/apology should really be going this way (your way)
- A: 「どうもありがとう。」 B: 「こちらこそ。」
- A: "Dōmo arigatō." B: "Kochira koso."
- A: "Thank you very much." B: "No, thank you."
- A: 「ごめんなさい。」 B: 「いいえ、こちらこそ。ごめんなさい。」
- A: "Gomen nasai." B: "Īe, kochira koso. Gomen nasai."
- A: "Forgive me." B: "No, I'm the one that should be sorry. Forgive me."
- どういたしまして (dō itashimashite)