(Redirected from 傾城の美人)
See also: 倾城
to overturn; to collapse; to lean; to tend; to incline; to pour out
|city walls; city; town|
- (literary, figuratively, of a woman) drop-dead gorgeous; extremely beautiful (and having the potential of bringing about the downfall of an empire)
- (literary, figuratively) drop-dead gorgeous woman; beauty who could drive a man to distraction (and bring about the downfall of an empire)
- (literary) the entire city; all over the place
|Kanji in this term|
See the Chinese section.
- (idiomatic) a very beautiful woman (Compare the English term femme fatale.)
- keisei no bijin
- a castle-toppling beauty
- (idiomatic) courtesan
- (beautiful woman): 傾城傾国 (keiseikeikoku)
- Kōjien, 5th edition, Iwanami Shoten Publishing, Tōkyō.