Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (technology, Internet) The first version of something.
1.0 (not comparable)
- An initial version of something or, figuratively, of someone.
2007 November 9, “Clarence Thomas, Porn Addict?”, in New York, ISSN 0028-7369:
- And did Bush 1.0 really rush the swearing in of Clarence Thomas because the Washington Post was about to publish a story about his extensive porn habit?
2008 March 14, Razeghi, Andrew, “America 2.0: The creative imperative”, in San Francisco Chronicle, ISSN 1932-8672:
- Consider the success of America 1.0 and one of its master architects Benjamin Franklin Franklin's resume reads like a Denny's restaurant menu
2009 January 21, Robinson, Ed; Alpert, Lukas I., “Traffic Tangles Up Web”, in New York Post, ISSN 1090-3321:
- Minutes before President Obama was sworn in, the official government Web site was switched from Bush version 2.0 to a snazzy Obama 1.0
- Usually used as an attributive modifier after the noun modified.