Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
2.0 (not comparable)
- A second major version of something or, figuratively, of someone.
2007 January 24, Paul West, “Despite Woes, Bush Shows Resolve”, in The Sun, Baltimore, MD:
- Later that year, Bush 2.0 was launched, when he stood before Congress to reassure a nation unhinged by the terror of Sept. 11
2010, Jeffrey M. Stonecash, New Directions in American Political Parties, page 230:
- Dubbed “Barack Obama 2.0” by insiders, the plan called for hiring full-time organizers to mobilize the Internet-based grassroots network
2011 February 7, “Christina Aguilera's anthem not so Super”, in Chicago Tribune:
- We need a new draft for 2011, because in America 2.0, our national anthem should be almost tweet-able.
- Usually used as an attributive modifier after the noun modified.