Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (technology, Internet) The second version of something.
From the ellipsis of (version + ) 2 + . + 0, as used in the identification of product versions, especially in the software industry.
2.0 (not comparable)
- (postpositive) A second major version of something or, figuratively, of someone; a substantial improvement.
- 2007 January 24, Paul West, “Despite Woes, Bush Shows Resolve”, in The Sun, Baltimore, MD:
- Later that year, Bush 2.0 was launched, when he stood before Congress to reassure a nation unhinged by the terror of Sept. 11
- 2010, Jeffrey M. Stonecash, New Directions in American Political Parties, page 230:
- Dubbed “Barack Obama 2.0” by insiders, the plan called for hiring full-time organizers to mobilize the Internet-based grassroots network
- 2011 February 7, “Christina Aguilera's anthem not so Super”, in Chicago Tribune:
- We need a new draft for 2011, because in America 2.0, our national anthem should be almost tweet-able.
- Translingual lemmas
- Translingual nouns
- Translingual terms spelled with numbers
- Translingual terms spelled with .
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives
- English words without vowels
- English terms spelled with numbers
- English terms spelled with .
- English terms with quotations