Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Spanish, of occupational origin.
Abad (plural Abads)
- A surname of Spanish occupational origin.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Abad is the 5401st most common surname in the United States, belonging to 6446 individuals. Abad is most common among Hispanic/Latino (51.54%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (34.35%) individuals.
- A occupational surname
- According to official data by the Instituto Nacional de Estadística in 2016, Abad occurs in Spain as a first surname by 29,570 individuals, and as a second surname by 29,565 individuals. It is prevalent in Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante, Valencia, and Zaragoza.
- A surname of Spanish occupational origin, most associated with:
- Florencio Abad, politician
According to data collected by Forebears in 2014, Abad is the 71st most common surname in the Philippines, occurring at 74,628 individuals.