Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: acacia
- A taxonomic genus within the family Leguminosae—mostly thornless Australasian shrubs and trees. [2000-]
- (superseded) A genus that included all the genera now included in tribe Acacieae.
- An epithet in a botanical name at the rank between species and genus, a name which applies to a section of the genus Acacia.
- Portions of the circumscription of the genus is quite controversial.
- (genus): Plantae - kingdom; angiosperms, eudicots, core eudicots, rosids, eurosids I - clades; Fabales - order; Fabaceae - family; Mimosoideae - subfamily; Acacieae - tribe
- See List of Acacia species on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:List of Acacia species
- Acacia anarthros
- Acacia propinqua
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- ^ Morris, William, ed. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. New York: American Heritage Publishing Co., Inc., 1971.