A patronymic surname from a medieval diminutive form of Adam + -son.
- A surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A female given name popular in the 2000s, following Alison and Madison.
- 2009 J. Scott Romig, The Lookout Tree, Author House, ISBN 1449041426, page 1:
- My name is Addison Jane Dawson, but you can call me Addy; everyone else does. I was named after my great grandfather, Addison Jay Dawson, - - -
- A place name, including:
- a town in Vermont, USA, named after the poet Joseph Addison.