Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
» Scots language » Lemmas
Scots lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Scots adjectives: Scots terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Scots adverbs: Scots terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Scots conjunctions: Scots terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Scots determiners: Scots terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Scots interjections: Scots terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Scots morphemes: Scots word-elements used to form full words.
- Category:Scots nouns: Scots terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Scots numerals: Scots terms that quantify nouns.
- Category:Scots particles: Scots terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Scots phrases: Scots groups of words elaborated to express ideas, not necessarily phrases in the grammatical sense.
- Category:Scots prepositions: Scots adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Scots pronouns: Scots terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Scots verbs: Scots terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Scots conjunctions (0 c, 15 e)
- ► Scots determiners (0 c, 16 e)
- ► Scots interjections (0 c, 18 e)
- ► Scots morphemes (2 c, 0 e)
- ► Scots verbs (5 c, 354 e)
Pages in category "Scots lemmas"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 619 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- ca canny
- caw canny
- clatter banes