Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: alsatian
- alsatian (dog)
Alsatian (not comparable)
- Of or relating to Alsace.
- 1962 August, “Beyond the Channel: France: Paris Est renaissance”, in Modern Railways, pages 133/134:
- [...] while the 7 p.m. is the fastest locomotive-hauled train to Strasbourg reaching the Alsatian capital (313 miles) in 4hr 11min [...].
of or relating to Alsace
Alsatian (plural Alsatians)
- A native or inhabitant of Alsace.
- (Australia, New Zealand, Britain, dated US) A German shepherd dog.
- (Britain, obsolete) A rogue or debauchee, like those who haunted Alsatia in London.
- Alsatian was an official name for the German Shepherd Dog in many Commonwealth nations, and although no longer official, remains in common everyday usage in many countries including the United Kingdom.
person from Alsace
dog — see German shepherd
language of Alsace
- The Macquarie Dictionary