Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: baverse
- (obsolete, rare) Bavarian.
- 1845, Encyclopaedia Metropolitana, Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge:
- [...] the petty districts depending on Oldenburgh, and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, and by the Bavarese Circle of the Rhine; and on the West by the Dutch Monarchy and the Kingdom of Belgium.
- 1846, The New Monthly Magazine, edited by W. Harrison Ainsworth, Review of the Book of Costume, page 249:
- (By-the-bye, how is it that the brazen helmet of a Bavarese maiden is omitted?)
Bavarese pl (plural only)
- (obsolete, rare) Bavarians collectively.
- 1861, The Foreign Quarterly Review, volume 75, page 553:
- The picture of devastated Palermo which he draws fills up the measure of the dastardly oppression which has now passed away; more disgraceful excesses than those committed by the Bavarese, as the Sicilians called the royal troops, were [...]