Jump to navigation Jump to search
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /ˈbɹʊk.lən/
Audio (GA) (file)
- (NYC) enPR: Bro͝oklĭn, IPA(key): /ˈbɹʷʊk.ɫɪn/, [ˈbɹ̠ʷʊ̠kɫ̪ɪ̈n]
Audio (NYC) (file)
- Hyphenation: Brook‧lyn
- A borough of New York City. It is located on the western end of Long Island.
- A suburb of Wellington, New Zealand.
- A female given name transferred from the place name, of modern usage, also spelled Brooklynn.
- (area on western end of Long Island): City of Brooklyn (dated: pre-1898), Borough of Brooklyn, Kings County, King's County
- Latin: brooklynensis
borough of New York City