Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: nyoo͞-zē'lənd, IPA(key): /nju ˈziː.lənd/, /ˌnjuː -/
- (General American) enPR: noo͞-zē'lənd, IPA(key): /nu ˈzi.lənd/, /ˌnu -/
- (General New Zealand) IPA(key): /njʉː ˈziːlɘnd/, /ˌnjʉː -/, /nʉː -/, /ˌnʉː -/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: New Zea‧land
- A country in Oceania, to the east of Australia. Official name: New Zealand. Abbreviation: NZ or Aotearoa
- The islands of New Zealand, especially the North Island, South Island and nearby coastal islands.
- The Realm of New Zealand, including the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau and the Ross Dependency.
- The word is also used in the attributive form, e.g. the New Zealand government.
- Land of the Long White Cloud (Maori name translated into English)
- Aotearoa New Zealand
- NZ (abbreviation)
country in Oceania
attributive form - relating to New Zealand
New Zealand (plural New Zealands)