Jump to navigation Jump to search
A name given to one of the Magi in Western church tradition, from Biblical Hebrew גִּזְבָּר (gizbar), ultimately from Old Median *ganzabarah; see it for more. Compare Hatran Aramaic 𐣢𐣦𐣡𐣣𐣩 (gzbry /Gazzabray/, “a given name”), also from Iranian.
- (biblical) one of the Magi.
- A male given name from Old Persian, more popular in the form Jasper.
- A census-designated place in Mendocino County, California, United States.
one of the Magi
male given name
- (biblical) Caspar of the Magi
- a male given name
- English terms derived from Old Median
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- en:Biblical characters
- English given names
- English male given names
- English male given names from Old Persian
- en:Census-designated places in California, USA
- en:Census-designated places in the United States
- en:Places in California, USA
- en:Places in the United States
- German lemmas
- German proper nouns
- de:Biblical characters
- German given names
- German male given names