Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Drukpa (plural Drukpa)
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) A person from Bhutan or of Bhutanese descent.
- The Drukpa Kagyu (also Drukpa Kargyu) school of Tibetan Buddhism.
Drukpa (not comparable)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Bhutan or the Bhutanese people.
- Sometimes (more narrowly) pertaining to the main ethnic group within Bhutan.
2006, Zetter, Roger & Watson, Georgia Butina, Designing Sustainable Cities in the Developing World, Ashgate Publishing, ISBN 0754643557, page 25:
- Other valleys are inhabited by other ethnic groups but it is Drukpa culture that dominates when defining the national language, dress, religion, and architecture.
- Pertaining to the Drukpa Kagyu (Drukpa Kargyu) or Drukpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- His disciple spread the Drukpa school in western Tibet.