Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɛbəˈnizɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɛbəˈniːzə/
- Rhymes: -iːzə(ɹ)
- (biblical) The stone memorial in Israel erected by Samuel.
- Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.
- A male given name taken up by Puritans in the 17th century.
- A ghost town in Georgia in the United States.
- A village in Saskatchewan, Canada.
male given name