Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: fijian
Fijian (plural Fijians)
- A person from Fiji or of Fijian descent.
a person from Fiji or of Fijian descent
Fijian (not comparable)
- Pertaining to Fiji, or its language or people.
- 1871, George Eliot [pseudonym; Mary Ann Evans], chapter III, in Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life, volume I, Edinburgh; London: William Blackwood and Sons, OCLC 948783829, book I (Miss Brooke), pages 37–38:
- [S]he wore her brown hair flatly braided and coiled behind so as to expose the outline of her head in a daring manner at a time when public feeling required the meagreness of nature to be dissimulated by tall barricades of frizzed curls and bows, never surpassed by any great race except the Feejeean.
Pertaining to Fiji, or its language or people
- an Austronesian language of the Malayo-Polynesian family spoken on Fiji. It has 650,000 speakers, including second language users.