Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: glenn
- A surname, variant of Glen.
- A male given name, fairly popular in the middle of the 20th century.
- A female given name
- 1937 Clara Studer, Sky storming Yankee, Stackpole sons, 1937, page 19:
- The Glen was the prettiest place she knew, so pretty she thought she ought to name her first baby after it. With another "n" added "to make it look more like a name", she called him Glenn Hammond Curtiss. The middle name was taken from the town itself, or its first settler, Lazarus Hammond.
- The whimsy of naming her son after a local landmark was typical of Lua Curtiss. Then too a name like Glenn Hammond Curtiss has sweep and resonance, was much less commonplace than Harry or Jim or Charlie; or Frank, like his father.