Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: huey
From the pronunciation of Hughie.
From the original US Army designation of the Bell 204/205 helicopter, "HU-1", acronymized into "Huey", and extended to cover the Cobra gunship version of the same platform.
Huey (plural Hueys)
- (countable, informal) An American military helicopter, the UH-1 Iroquois.
- (countable, informal) An American military helicopter, the AH-1 Cobra.
- huey (all helicopters, by extension, from the Vietnam War troops)
- Huey Cobra, Huey-Cobra, HueyCobra
- Twin Huey, Twin-Huey
- Super Huey, Super-Huey, SuperHuey
- A diminutive of the male given name Hubert.
- (uncountable, surfing) Imaginary god who creates surf (waves, and associated conditions), generally used humorously.
- A male given name