Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: huey
From the pronunciation of Hughie.
From the original US Army designation of the Bell 204/205 helicopter, "HU-1", acronymized into "Huey", and extended to cover the Cobra gunship version of the same platform
Huey (plural Hueys)
- (countable, informal) an American military helicopter, the UH-1 Iroquois
- (countable, informal) an American military helicopter, the AH-1 Cobra
- huey ( all helicopters, by extension, from the Vietnam War troops )
- Huey Cobra, Huey-Cobra, HueyCobra
- Twin Huey, Twin-Huey
- Super Huey, Super-Huey, SuperHuey
- A diminutive of the male given name Hubert.
- (uncountable, surfing) Imaginary god who creates surf (waves, and associated conditions), generally used humorously.
- The spilt milk would be offered as a gift to Surf God Huey who would surely reward our kindness with sick waves. — surfingnz.com, Road Trip #6