Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Interactive voice response
- Interventional radiology
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2000, William Yarberry, Computer Telephony Integration 
- Without IVR, the business (and non-profit) world would be slower, less efficient, and far more manpower intensive. Without IVR, many firms would be forced to close.
- 2001, Peter R Kongstvedt, The Managed Health Care Handbook 
- Prescreening IVR application scripts can identify the caller and then provide the caller with menu options applicable only to him or her.
- 2002, Tina Fox and Phil Bailey, Deploying Cisco Voice Over IP Solutions 
- The IVR feature allows TCL IVR scripts to be used during call processing. The scripts interact with the IOS software to perform various call-related functions.