Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As a Scottish Gaelic surname, reduced form of McLean.
- As an English surname, from the adjective lean.
- As a Chinese surname, from 林 (lín) (see Lin).
Lean (plural Leans)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Lean is the 37899th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 586 individuals. Lean is most common among White (65.53%), Asian/Pacific Islander (15.53%) and Hispanic/Latino (10.58%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Lean”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 2, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 409.