Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Lemúria
- Mythical lost country, continent, or island proposed to explain the existence of lemurs and their relatives on two continents.
- A religious feast of Ancient Rome during which rites were performed to exorcise the malevolent ghosts of the dead from their homes.
hypothetical island in the Indian Ocean
|Third declension neuter “pure” i-stem.
- Lĕmūrĭa in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- Lemuria in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- Félix Gaffiot (1934), Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Paris: Hachette, page 898/3 s.v. “Lĕmūrĭa”.
- “Lemūria” on page 1,015/2 of the Oxford Latin Dictionary (1st ed., 1968–82)