Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As an English and Scottish surname, spelling variant of Low.
- As a German surname, spelling variant of Löwe, Loewe.
- As a Jewish surname/Yiddish surname, from German Löwe (“lion”).
- Also as a Jewish surname, Germanized from Levy.
- A surname.
- (MTE, slang) A slang term for "allow", means allow it. Ex: (leave it, forget or don't worry about it)
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Lowe is the 334th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 92,260 individuals. Lowe is most common among White (73.04%) and Black (19.35%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Lowe”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 2, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 466.