Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As an English and Scottish surname, from the obsolete noun low (“mound, barrow”).
- Also as an English and Scottish surname, from the adjective low.
- Also as an English and Scottish surname of Norman origin, from Anglo-Norman leu (“wolf”).
- Also as a Scottish surname, from a pet form of Lawrence. Compare Lowry.
- As a German and Jewish surname, variant of Löwe, Lowe, Loew.
- As a Chinese surname, variant of Lau, Lou; also Li, Luo.
Low (plural Lows)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Low is the 2979th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 12032 individuals. Low is most common among White (61.77%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (28.82%) individuals.