Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 2007 John Dunning, The Bookworm's Last Fling, Simon & Schuster 2007, ISBN 1416523391, page 321
- "My name is Richard Lawrence."
- Candice thought he had a storybook name. Like Lawrence of Arabia, she said, but what she always called him was Ricky. Just a jump away from Tricky Dicky.
- 2003 Elise Title, Inside Out: A Mystery, St.Martin's Minotaur 2003, ISBN 0312285825, page 69
- "I named him Lawrence. After my father. Pete, that's my husband, he never really liked the name Lawrence. He thought it wasn't very..." she shut her eyes for a moment, shaking her head slowly, "...very masculine." She opened her eyes and smiled ruefully. " That's a good one, isn't it?"
male given name — see Laurence