Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The state of being private; the state of not being seen by others.
- I need my privacy, so please stay out of my room.
- 1915, Emerson Hough, The Purchase Price, chapterII:
- Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, […]. Even such a boat as the Mount Vernon offered a total deck space so cramped as to leave secrecy or privacy well out of the question, even had the motley and democratic assemblage of passengers been disposed to accord either.
state of being private
- Hyphenation: pri‧va‧cy
privacy f (uncountable)
privacy f (invariable)
- privacy (especially online)