Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
Mary + Jane. The noun sense is a literal translation of Spanish María Juana, from María (“Mary”) + Juana (“Jane”)
- A female given name.
double given name
- (slang) Marijuana.
- 1995, “Mary Jane”, in Headsex, Mokum Records, performed by Technohead:
- Mary Jane, you're always in my brain, and you help me ease the pain.
- 2005, Jordan Houston, Darnell Carlton, Paul Beauregard, Premro Smith, Marlon Goodwin, David Brown, and Willie Hutchinson (lyrics), “Stay Fly”, in Most Known Unknown, Sony BMG, performed by Three 6 Mafia (featuring Young Buck, 8 Ball, and MJG):
- Mary Jane, since I have met you, girl, you've ruined my brain.
- See also Thesaurus:marijuana
slang for marijuana
Genericized trademark, from the female name. Mary Jane was a character in the Buster Brown comic strip, licensed by the shoe manufacturer.
Mary Jane (plural Mary Janes)
type of shoe
- English terms with audio links
- English compound terms
- English terms derived from Spanish
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- English multiword terms
- English given names
- English female given names
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English slang
- English terms with quotations
- English countable nouns
- English eponyms
- English genericized trademarks